Today’s Real Estate Tech Tip is about using video for your everyday business solutions. This will vary from marketing to service solutions to meeting your clients “in person”. We want to do this because video in today’s society is very underused, very useful and necessary for getting your job done while still keeping that personal touch! We will talk about a couple items, 1) what tools are available for your use and 2) What you can do with these tools!
Video tools Available
- YouTube – the most popular video solution out there today. It was also the first online social tool created(in my opinion.) YouTube, not only lets you view, comment, and share existing video, it lets you upload or even create high quality video right into YouTube. YouTube also has simple editing tools for your use.
- Google Hangouts– is part of Google plus. Here you can create hangouts with other people of up to 8 other people. these hangouts have the ability to chat online, play games, share presentations, and many other interactive solutions. If you want you can broadcast these hangouts live once you have them broadcastig live, you have the ability to record them for posterity or for any other future use you may have in mind.
- Your Smartphone- most if not all Smartphones have the ability, to create video, good 720p video(min). These videos can be tours of your business, your real estate solution, or an interview with a customer(if they don’t mind). Nice thing about smartphones, these can upload(over WIFI) straight to your YouTube account.
- Webinars- Gotomeeting,Anymeeting, Join.me or only a few examples of what exist for webinars solutions. These tools are great for getting your message out to the masses. Webinars can be used for training on a particular topic, service solutions or promoting a product. Usually good to work with someone who is willing to sponsor, because depending on the product you choose it can get quite expensive. Webinars have many other great solutions that we will talk about separately in a future post
- Skype– this Peer to peer conversation tool is great for having 1-1 conversations with your customers. very simple tool for talking visually with a customer anytime and anywhere. Advantages of Skype not only is it tied into facebook but it is also available on your smartphone platform. Their are many other peer to peer solutions to look at, like GTALK, Google messenger,Facetime, it just seems Skype today is the most popular and the most sound solution available.
So those are the tools and now you are asking, “great what do I do for my video”. Below are just some simple ideas, but I will warn you now! Some/most of these ideas will require you to get outside your comfort zone! If this is something your not willing to do, you may have to think about hiring someone to do this for you!
- About me– an about me/company/product video is very important. This is where you will have the ability to build Know/Like/Trust. This video should be short(less than 2 minutes), specific and representative of who you or your company is. Please be open on this and true to yourself!
- Product – These videos are a great opportunity for drawing attention. Dollar Shave Club shows a great example of how you can make this work. Again be true to you or your company but do not be afraid of having some fun.
- Training – use Gotomeeting, Google hangouts, even Skype to do a product,service training event and market it. Please be patient with this your first couple events might not have much turnout, but if marketed properly and you endure, you will see success with this. You will probably see numbers in 6-12 month time frame.
- Viral Videos– These types of videos are great although unpredictable. Viral videos are great for drawing attention and will have natural growth. Viral Videos are when a video keeps getting shared and shared among individuals, again Dollar Shave Club is a great example. To do these type of videos, you just have to keep working, think outside of the box, and be willing to make a fool of yourself(usually).
Now this is just a brief conversation of video and how you can use it. Future posts will go into further details and probably examples of things I am trying to do. Please be brave with me and post some examples in the comment section of this post. Ill leave you with this. Don’t be afraid to fail. I call it failing forward, as long as you get back up and improve and do it again, you will succeed!