Video Part1: What you need to know
Video is necessary for success in today’s Real Estate and/or small business world. The nice thing about video today is you have options you can do it yourself(if you are on a budget) or you can hire for it(if you don’t have the time). We broke down Video to 5 main categories
- on-demand – is a video style that is designed and prerecorded with the intent of the video to be watched at anytime and anyplace. YouTube is a great and popular place for watching these type of videos.
- Streaming – is a style that will is producing live content, that people can watch. this style is not interactive just a one way communication. Like YouTube’s Hangout on air. or a seminar. This is meant solely for content consumption
- Interactive – this is quickly becoming a popular solution for a lot of Internet Marketers and is a nice solution for Realtors. The concept is to use your device for capturing video and have a communication solution in with it. For example Meerkat/Periscope allow for people to chat within the video. They cannot video back but they can interact with the Videor and get a small conversation going
- Virtual Reality – This solution will give you a simulation of real life and you can watch it and experience something in real life. As an example you can if you wanted to see the grand canyon but can’t go there, you can put on a pair of goggles and then you can view the Grand Canyon like you were really there.
- Augmented Reality – is a solution that will give you an overlay of what is going on in your surroundings. for example you could change the color of your walls through your phone, or you could pull up your phone and see pricing at all the homes surrounding you. another example that will happen sooner is while driving your front glass will show you directions right in front of you.
All videos are great for building a personal relationship, much better than the likes of Facebook, twitter, or LinkedIn. This is because you are watching this person and not reading, so you are getting to see you and build and passive relationship with you that no other social media can.
Warning- be thick-skinned, people will criticize what they do not know!